- Check Out is 10:30am sharp. This is important. We only have hours to make the house ready for our next guests - as a result we require that the house be left on time and in a certain condition. If the house isn't right we unfortunately have to pass the cost to you. It doesn't happen often and we don't like to do so, so your help is appreciated.
- If anything's wrong, missing, broken or not working - by all means please tell us before you leave. We find everything, but the more warning we have the better we're able to get the house ready for the next guest.
- Light cleaning is the responsibility of our guests. Leave floors "broom clean" and house left as noted in the lease.
- Kitchen: Place any left-over dishes in the washer and run it when you leave. Please take all food. There should be no stains on the counters, floors, inside or outside the stove or oven. If you need us to clean a mess on or in the stove please let us know the day before you go and any added cleaning fee will be passed to you.
- Saddle Beach Trash. All trash is to be placed in trash bags and placed in the outdoor cans with the lids shut tight. If
trash is loose or lids open we have to pay someone to clean up the mess that results from bored raccoons. Please keep trash bins in the "corral-area" built for them. Don't move trash cans at either home
- Doors and windows. Make sure all doors and windows are shut and locked. Check carefully please because some windows require extra effort. To lock the windows turn the lock handles to the left when the window is shut tightly.
The French doors at Saddle Beach (only) are locked as follows: Pull each handle sharply upwards until the slides engage at top and bottom. Then turn the round luck handles on both doors towards the center. Check by pulling downward on handles. If they won’t pull downward, they’re locked.
- Keys: Make sure the key is in the lock box and leave the extra house key, if there, hanging in the kitchen.
- Air Conditioning/Heating. In warm weather make sure all three thermostats are turned to 80 degrees. In the winter make sure all three thermostats are turned to 55 degrees. DO NOT turn them off.
- Fireplace. Make sure the flue is closed if you used it. Saddle Beach is gas - never burn anything else.
- Bikes and Boats. Important – please make sure these are located and locked by chains and all accessories returned to their place. If the boats are not secured in their place and tied up they can (and will) wash away.
- Linens. Please strip sheets and pillowcases and place them at the foot of each bed. If any towels are un-washed, please put them in the washing machine and run the load. If there are any additional loads to do the maids have to come back and we unfortunately have to charge you for that time.